Anyone who wishes to live a healthier life and look good at the same time should exercise. Unfortunately, a lot of people think that only athletes or models need to exercise because they need to be healthy and fit in order to excel in their respective fields but that is absolutely not true. Exercising has a lot of benefits that people of all ages can gain from- like fight off illnesses, lose unhealthy fat and have an overall toned body. All these things contribute to a happier mind, boost of confidence and a more positive attitude towards life. If you are thinking to start exercising or just need a few tips to get the most out of your work-out times then you have come to the right place.
Read on to learn about some useful tips on how to live a healthy and fit life by daily exercise.
Walking, Jogging or Cycling
It is very important to include either walking, jogging or cycling in your exercise routine because these activities are what keep your heart and lungs active. If you have health issues and cannot run/jog or cycle then we suggest you do a bit of brisk walking every day to keep your blood flowing and your body more active.
Exercise at Home
Sometimes you may want to get fit and have a toned body but might not always have the time or the money to go to the gym or invest in expensive work-out machines. But that doesn’t mean that you give up on the idea of exercising completely. There are lots of exercises which you can do at home if only you can spare some time for them on a daily basis. And for all this, you will need a Mat to practice the home exercises, also owning a home treadmill will be a plus point.
Divide your workout routine into two segments- cardio and strength training.
Cardio increases your heart rate and also gets your muscles moving. It is the best form of exercise to burn calories and lose body fat.
You can include the following cardio exercises in your routine:
- Jumping Jacks– Do 50 to 100 jumping jacks to increase flexibility and work the abdominal muscles, calves, glutes and gracilis muscles.
- Marching-in-Place– This is a quick and effective exercise to improve your balance and lose calories
- Jumping Rope– Using a jumping rope is also a great way to burn fat and work on all your muscle groups
Strength training is done to build muscles and give you more strength. These exercises also help burn fat and work to give you a stronger and better looking body.
Some effective workouts to strengthen your body may include:
- Squats– There are many squat variations like wide squats, barbell squats, dumbbell squats, and wall sits but you can start with the basic squat which will target all the muscles of your lower body like the hips, thighs and glutes. Doing squats will give you a stronger lower body by toning all the major muscles.
- Push-ups– Required to train the upper body muscles. By doing push-ups you will be engaging your core, shoulder blades, triceps and chest.
- Hip Thrusts– If you want strong glutes then the best exercise you can do to strengthen them are hip thrusts. Strong glutes are necessary to avoid injury to the hips, knees, and ankles.
- Sit ups and Crunches– One of the best ways to allow those six packs to form is by having a strong core. But even if you are not chasing a six pack but just want flatter and toned abs then include sit-ups and crunches to your routine.
- Add weights– No matter what exercise you do, if the form allows you to add weights then add some to push things a little further. You can wear ankle weights while running or doing leg rises, grab some dumbbells during squats or even place weights on your abs during hip thrusts.
Hit The Gym
If you can afford a membership at your local gym then we highly recommend it, especially if you often find yourself cheating during your home work out sessions or just giving up sometimes due to laziness. When you go to a gym you feel more motivated by seeing others working out and your mind can also concentrate better as you only have one aim- to work out. Having a gym instructor around also helps because you get a lot of tips on what to do and what to avoid according to your body type and health condition.
Rules To Follow In Order To Stay Healthy And Fit
Eat Healthy– Without a doubt, the first thing you must do if you want to be healthy is to cut back on unhealthy food like junk food, fizzy drinks, too much alcohol, sugar and fatty foods. You can exercise as much as you want but if you are not eating right then forget about having a healthy body. Include a lot of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean sources of protein and whole grains. In short, eat balanced meals and eat only appropriate portions.
Drink a lot of water– You must stay hydrated at all times for your body to fight off diseases and clean your organs and the digestive system. Your brain will function better when you are well hydrated and drinking enough water will also keep your skin looking fresh and clear.
Do not skip breakfast– No matter how busy you are try to have a good breakfast before you head out in the mornings because breakfast is what works as fuel to keep us going throughout the day.
Get enough sleep– Avoid both your T.V and phone screen late at night and go to bed early. Not getting enough sleep has a bad effect on not only our physical healthy but mental health too. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night to allow your body to heal and repair itself.
In order to lead a healthy lifestyle and stay fit, you must set your goals and follow them to the best of your abilities. Do not go overboard with anything, aim for what you think you can achieve and slowly work your way up and soon you will start to look and feel better than you ever did before.