- 1 — 10 Best Upright Exercise Bike Reviews —
- 1.0.1 Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
- 1.0.2 Exerpeutic GOLD 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike
- 1.0.3 Innova XBR450 Folding Upright Bike
- 1.0.4 Exerpeutic WorkFit 1000 Fully Adjustable Desk Folding Exercise Bike with Pulse
- 1.0.5 Marcy Upright Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-708
- 1.0.6 Diamondback Fitness 510Ic Adjustable Indoor Cycle with Electronic Display and Quiet Magnetic Flywheel
- 1.0.7 Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike for Cardio Training and Workout AIR-1
- 1.0.8 Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- 1.0.9 ProGear 100S Exercise Bike
- 1.0.10 Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
- 1.1 — Buying Guide to the Best Upright Exercise Bike —
- 1.2 — Reasons to Buy Upright Exercise Bike —
Best Upright Exercise Bike Reviews :
Did you ever notice how your productivity and energy keeps coming to you late at nights? You might feel lazy all day but when you are about to sleep, you feel the urge to do something that you would need to but normally have no will to. Exercising is one of these tasks that give you should be doing regularly but you do not when the time comes. You suddenly feel that tidying up your room will somehow replace the need to go to the gym. But alas! When the time is over, the gym is closed, at 2 am or something, you start loving the experience at the gym and the best upright exercise bike can help you.
Now, think of how easier taking care of your health would be if you had the equipment itself at your house. You will no longer have to worry about the inconvenient times when your aware-self rises on the surface. We are focusing on only one kind of equipment in this article of ours- upright exercise bikes.
With them in the house, you can exercise even at 2 am without the hassle of going to a gym. However, you have to be very careful while choosing one. The wrong one might cause more harm than benefit. In order to help you choose the right one, we will be discussing all the things you should be aware of and ten best upright exercise bikes in our upright exercise bike review. Without further delay let’s get started!
— 10 Best Upright Exercise Bike Reviews —
Now it’s time for you to get acquainted with the 10 best upright exercise bikes in the market. You can find your best from here:
- Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse.
- Exerpeutic GOLD 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike.
- Innova XBR450 Folding Upright Bike.
- Exerpeutic WorkFit 1000 Fully Adjustable Desk Folding Exercise Bike with Pulse
- Marcy Upright Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-708.
- Diamondback Fitness 510Ic Adjustable Indoor Cycle with Electronic Display and Quiet Magnetic Flywheel.
- Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike for Cardio Training and Workout AIR-1.
- Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike.
- ProGear 100S Exercise Bike.
- Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
This is one of the best upright exercise bikes that keeps all the worries about storing and moving it, away from you. It is quite lightweight weighing only 39 lbs. but very stable nonetheless. However, you must place the bike on even ground as it does not contain any levelers. The weight limit is 300 lbs. Moreover, it is foldable, so you can just fold it and keep it out of sight until the next time you use it. Apart from that its durable steel construction is there with you to stay. You will get a large cushioned seat and the ability to adjust it to your height.
In fact, you can adjust the seat to any height from 5.3 feet to 6.1 feet. It provides an eight-level magnetic resistance which makes it more durable. Moreover, you can adjust the resistance quite easily with the help of the magnetic strip attached to the small flywheel. It uses a hand pulse monitor to measure heartbeat. The handlebars are also padded to provide comfort. Moreover, it features a holder to hold your TV remote or phone. Lastly, it is quiet but if you do hear the noise you can deal with it by tightening the bolts.
- Quite easy to assemble.
- Foldable, lightweight and comes with transport rollers.
- Adjustable seat.
- Well-padded seat and handlebar.
- Eight level magnetic resistance.
- Features a holder for phone or remote.
- Usable by people with knee injuries.
- Not suitable for people below 5.3 feet.
- Workout pre-set programs not available.
- Does not record workout to keep tracks.
- Inaccurate measurement except for time.
Exerpeutic GOLD 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike
This model from Exerpeutic beats the previous Magnetic Upright Bike with its abilities. It can not only support 400 lbs. (100 lbs. more than the other) but also has 20% more steel with increased durability. Apart from that, you can adjust the height from an increased ranger from 5.3 feet to 6.5 feet. It also gives you easy resistance control with a tension knob which you rotate clockwise for increased resistance and anti-clockwise for decreased.
However, it provides you with the same 8 level magnetic resistance. The large pedals are quite convenient for use with their padded, strapped design and the three-piece cranking system. It offers you a smooth ride keeping your feet in place. Moreover, it monitors your heart through the pulse sensor and displays all information on an easy to read LCD display. You can easily store the bike after use folding it to half its size and moving it with the help of its own transportation wheels.
- Sturdy and durable because of its construction and material.
- Folds to half its size so is very easy to store.
- Features holder to hold phone or remote.
- Low maintenance.
- No pre-programmed workouts included.
- Not very challenging with its resistance.
- The separate record has to be kept manually.
Innova XBR450 Folding Upright Bike
The Innova XBR450 folding upright bike provides you with two greater benefits that most other bikes do not. First is the seat adjustability. Not only can you adjust the seat vertically but also horizontally. And, that does not sacrifice the comfort the large, padded seat with a backrest provides!
Second is the handlebars that come in a pair of two. Yes, you do not just have handlebars in front of you but a pair is attached laterally to your seat as well. With a weight of 44 lbs. this bike is quite sturdy with a capability to hold 250 lbs. Its steel frames and stabilizer bars give it even more stability and durability. Moreover, you can adjust the 8-level magnetic resistance with an easy to reach tension knob placed below the console. You will get a quiet and smooth experience with the dual flywheels and the belt drive. Moreover, the padded-pedals with straps and multi-piece crank will give you more stability and flexibility. It can be folded into storage but does not come with transport wheels. Lastly, it has a built-in hand pulse sensor and an LCD monitor that displays all required information.
- Vertical and horizontal seat adjustment.
- Two pairs of handlebars.
- A holder for holding a tablet.
- Easy to adjust resistance level.
- Low maintenance required.
- Not suitable for challenging workouts.
- Maybe a bit wobbly.
- Leg position is not exactly upright.
- No transport wheels.
Exerpeutic WorkFit 1000 Fully Adjustable Desk Folding Exercise Bike with Pulse
If you are a great fan of multi-tasking, this upright bike is going to win you over. It does not only provide you with a backrest to make your exercise comfortable but also a desk on which you can even fit your laptop to make you time-efficient. Apart from that, it does not sacrifice adjustability while providing these benefits but excels in this aspect. You can not only adjust your seat from 5.1 to 6.3 feet but also adjust the desk horizontally, vertically and also angularly.
Moreover, you can adjust your backrest horizontally as well. What more adjustment do you need? The Resistance. You can adjust the 8-level resistance easily with the tension knob below the desk too. It features a V-belt drive and balanced flywheel to give you a smooth, consistent ride. The pedals are wide with straps and placed in a way similar to recumbent bikes. However, that does not cause trouble much or put the strain on joints.
- Foldable with two transport wheels.
- Quite stable with steel frames and weight of 64.7 lbs.
- Desktop with two bottle holders and a capacity of 44 lbs.
- Easy to assemble.
- The backrest can be adjusted.
- Unsuitable for challenging workouts.
- No preset workouts.
- Does not record.
Marcy Upright Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-708
If you are looking for a bike that you want to keep in view, this is probably the one. It’s not foldable so you cannot store it but it is quite compact. This upright exercise bike from Marcy only requires an area of 18 by 31.5 inches when not in use. You do not have to worry about stability either because it features a premium frame of 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finishing. Moreover, you can use it on uneven ground as well by adjusting the rear stabilizer end caps. The large and padded seat is quite easy to adjust as well from around 4.10 to 5.11 feet. People above 5.11 feet will not be able to fully stretch their legs but will face no other problem.
It also lets you change the 8-level magnetic resistance with an easy to reach tension knob. The pedals have both grips and straps to keep your feet in place. However, it is not great for standing on with its single crank attachment. But, does its job fine when the user is seated. The handlebars are not adjustable and require a bit of effort to reach as their ends are bent backward. However, customers who successfully reversed them had no problem working out.
- Compact in design so takes less space.
- Stable and durable.
- Comes with a basic console that informs you all about speed, time, distance, calories and even cumulative distance.
- Adjustable seat and resistance.
- Covered Flywheels make it less prone to jamming and dirt,
- Quiet and smooth.
- Easy to assemble.
- No additional features.
- Heart rate monitor not included.
- Unsuitable for rough workouts.
- Manual record-keeping required.
Diamondback Fitness 510Ic Adjustable Indoor Cycle with Electronic Display and Quiet Magnetic Flywheel
If you are up for tough workouts, this is something you can consider buying. The Diamondback 510Ic is a robust bike built of steel weighing 126 lbs. providing you with a certain stability. You can even use it on uneven ground as it comes with levelers. Moreover, it consists of a heavy-duty 31-pound flywheel and belt drive which are quiet when used. Moreover, you have the option to choose from 16- levels of resistance that you can adjust using the console.
When it comes to adjustability, this bike will amaze you with its vertically plus horizontally movable seat and fore/aft position adjustable handlebars. Moreover, they provide a lot of comfort being generously padded. Apart from all these, what makes this bike special is the 14 workout programs that are pre-programmed in it but also customizable. Moreover, it has 4 heart rate programs to help you keep track of your heart rate. Also, the display features all the information you need and is very convenient to view.
- 14 pre-programmed workouts.
- 4 heart rate programs.
- Features a bottle holder.
- Highly adjustable seat and handlebars.
- Durable and stable for its weight and heavy-duty construction.
- Console keeps you motivated with feedbacks.
- 16 resistance levels to make you work more efficiently.
- Cannot function during a power outage.
- Complex process for adjusting handlebars.
- Heart rate sensor not fast and convenient.
- Not challenging enough for a spinner or cyclist.
Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike for Cardio Training and Workout AIR-1
This is one bike that will not only give you a low impact cardio but also the great workout for your upper body because of the Dual exercise arms. The Steel powder coated frame keeps it quite steady for low cardio workouts. You can adjust the seat from 29 to 41 inches. Also, you have great control over resistance as it is operated by fan resistance and the resistance increases when you pedal faster. It has a belt type drive with a chain that keeps it quiet and sturdy.
Most parts are connected together so you cannot freewheel. It features standard pedals with straps. As the handlebars are connected to the pedals, it moves when the pedal moves. So, if want workout for your lower body only, you can rest your hands at your sides. Again, for upper body workout only, you can rest your feet on the footrest. The bike features a basic console that displays time, speed, distance, RPM, and calories.
- Perfect for low impact exercises that engage the whole body. Moreover, you have the choice to work out either the lower or the upper body.
- The console also tracks speed along with displaying all other information.
- Dual action handles.
- Levelers for stability.
- Compact and has transport wheels to ease storage.
- Suitable for almost everyone.
- The seat cannot be adjusted horizontally.
- No manual control for resistance.
- Difficult to use for interval training.
- No workout programs pre-set.
Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
This spin bike is particularly famous for its great performance at a very low price. If you want to keep your fitness level up, this is a great choice. This bike is quite stable with its 40 lbs. flywheel. However, the chain type drive does not make it silent while in use. You can adjust the seat from around 28.5 inches to 41 inches but people under 5.3 feet may find it difficult to exercise comfortably.
Moreover, the seat is quite hard and uncomfortable. The pedals feature toe cups but may be a bit small in size. However, the crankshafts keep the pedals quite firm while peddling and you can easily replace the pedals to your liking. You can also adjust the resistance levels with the tension knob without marks like in most bikes. This bike can support up to 245 lbs. Moreover, the handlebars are adjustable and pedals seem to be strapped.
- Easy to assemble.
- Good buy for the price.
- Easy to store because of the compact size and transport wheels.
- Low maintenance except for periodic tightening and lubricating.
- Stable and durable even when subject to intense cycling.
- Uncomfortable seat.
- No extra feature.
- No computer to monitor performance.
- Handlebars not adjustable.
ProGear 100S Exercise Bike
If you want some low impact cardio workout and calorie burning exercises then this is quite good for you. It is not foldable but quite compact in design and size so you can store it easily. Moreover, it comes with transport wheels.
The compact design and 22 lbs. flywheel might create doubts about stability but it does the job fine with its rear stabilizer end caps and levelers. It can support up to 250 lbs. Apparently, the seat and handlebar are both generously padded. However, while the seat is adjustable both vertically and horizontally, the handlebars are not.
So, you might find the need to lean down for the handlebars. The bike uses chain drive so it requires maintenance. Plus, it won’t be silent but will give you natural biking aura because of its sound. The pedals feature toe caps. Moreover, it provides friction resistance which although makes controlling resistance easy but may subject the bike to more wear and tear. Apart from all that, it has a console that keeps you motivated with updates but which you might find difficult to read in low light as it’s not backlit.
- Features a water bottle holder.
- Allows double-direction pedaling.
- Easy to adjust resistance.
- Comes with a basic computer and an LDC screen.
- Heart rate sensors.
- Not for tough workouts.
- Handlebars are fixed.
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
This bike means business when it comes to workouts. You will get the maximum value for your time with this bike. In fact, this upright bike from Schwinn has a construction that makes it suitable for rough handling. Therefore, you won’t be facing instability or wobbles. It provides you with wind resistance so the harder you peddle, the more resistance you get. Moreover, it has a fan to keep you cool. You can only adjust the seat height and nothing else. It features dual-stage super-torque drive belts which makes it both smooth and quiet for use.
The pedals have straps and are self-balancing. Apart from that, it comes with a basic console that keeps you updated about time, speed, etc. Moreover, it displays all the information at a time along with an RPM RevMeter that provides a graphical view of your condition.
- Extra features like bottle holder, reading rack and windscreen.
- Compact in size and features transport wheels to aid storing.
- Good for a cardio workout.
- Basic console for feedback.
- Easy assembly.
- Pre-programmed workouts not available.
- Handlebars not adjustable.
- Heart rate strap not included.
— Buying Guide to the Best Upright Exercise Bike —
Features of the Upright exercise bikes that you should definitely keep an eye on.
The types of exercise bike you need:
Before getting to the features, you should first know about the three kinds of exercise bikes that exist. As you already know, this is a best upright exercise bike review however, you should know about the other two kinds as well to be sure that this is the bike you need.
The first and the simplest exercise bike you will come across is the recumbent exercise bike. If exercise bikes were a video game then it would be in the easiest and earliest level. These bikes focus a lot on comfort and a bit of exercise. With the reclined position, wider seat and a supported back, you will have a very comfortable exercise.
However, the comfort will cut down on your calorie burn. Moreover, the equal distribution of weight throughout it will help keep your hands free and let you be busy doing something else like reading a book maybe. It is, in fact, great for people who should not put too much pressure on their bodies, and people with back pains and other related ailments. But, you will require a bit of a space to keep this machine unless it’s foldable.
The second kind and the next-level/medium level exercise bike would be the upright exercise bike. This bike is a bit less comfortable than the recumbent one and a bit more demanding. However, you will burn more calories. This is more of a traditional bike with a small and high seat, no back support, front hand position and underneath body pedals. Apparently, people choose this because it’s easier to control and move on.
The third and last level of the game would be the Spin exercise bike. The name itself has a difficult vibe if you ask me. This bike is great for intense workouts. It features a high seat and low handlebars much like that of a racing bike. In fact, this design helps the user get more motivated and ‘in the mood’ for exercise. It is great for people with joint problems as the flywheels will reduce the risk of injury. However, these are available at a higher price than others. It also requires more space for storage.
— Reasons to Buy Upright Exercise Bike —
Yes, we know you are buying The best upright exercise bike for exercising. But, not all exercise bikes are suitable for all kinds of exercises. You might be buying it for burning your calories only or improving the condition of a certain part of your body. Moreover, a person might even have a physical problem that a certain kind of bike does not support.
Apart from all that, you need to find out how much time you are going to spend exercising and how much strain you want to put yourself under. Based on all these, you can finally choose the type of exercise bike you need in your house.
The resistance level of your liking: Not all resistance levels are for you to face during exercises. Therefore, you must have the option to change the resistance level to your requirement. There are basically three ways how exercise bikes provide resistance.
Direct contact resistance provides resistance by the use of brake pads attached to the flywheel of the bike. They go through much friction which leads to wear and tear later on.
Secondly, Magnetic resistance bikes provide resistance with the help of magnetic force which saves them from friction and eventually wears and tear.
Thirdly, Fan based resistance bikes provide resistance being connected to the pedals itself. The faster you pedal, the more the resistance you will get. Therefore, you can consider these mechanisms while choosing. Moreover, make sure that whichever mechanism you prefer, you get the option to adjust the level.
- Seats that fit your needs: this is one other important feature to consider as an uncomfortable seat will make your willpower to exercise escape too fast. First, the height and size of the seat should perfectly suit you. If you do not have an average height or size, you should choose a seat that is adjustable. Moreover, the seat should be perfectly padded to make it comfortable to ride on.
- Pedals that don’t let your legs fly away: You definitely do not want to lose your concentration because you couldn’t keep your legs on the pedals. Therefore, the pedal should be wide enough to keep your legs perfectly. Moreover, it should have a belt or something attached to it to keep your legs from flying away.
- A built-in computer that should keep you informed: It will be very hard to set your targets or be motivated without knowing what you are achieving every day. Therefore, the exercise bike should feature a computer that shows you how much calories you have burned. Moreover, to be sure you are not doing anything wrong or harmful, it should give you proper information about your heart rate, pulse rate, speed, time, etc. And, all these should be displayed on a nice monitor with the LCD screen.
- The weight that keeps it stable: You need the exercise bike to be stable to exercise without interruption. Therefore, check the weight of the bike before purchase. More the weight, better the stability. Moreover, your own weight should not cross the weight of the bike. If it does, look for a heavier bike.
- Enclosed parts: All the mechanical parts of the exercise bike should be enclosed. Or else it might cause accidents and injury. You do not want your child to get its hand stuck in the chain or get hurt because of a sharp part protruding.
- Optional features that you might need: You might want to read a book while exercising. In order to help you with that, some bikes feature a book holder. Moreover, stopping your exercise to drink water might get annoying over time. O solve that some bikes also feature a bottle holder. Apart from that, a few bikes feature built-in music systems to get the music lover in the mood. These are some of the features and there might be many more.
- Noise-free: If you want to watch TV or listen to music while exercising, excessive noise from the bike will definitely ruin your mood. Therefore, go for exercise bikes that promise no noise.
we have another bike review on Marcy foldable bike. if you want you can read it.
Exercise bikes are neither a light expense nor an occasional luxury. Since you have to use it regularly, you have to be sure that the one you are buying suits you perfectly. So, you have to find out which is the best upright exercise bike. It should not just serve the purpose but also provide you with ample comfort at a reasonable price. Our Upright exercise bike review should help you know everything you should about an exercise bike. Moreover, the ten reviews should give you at least a standard to differentiate on. We hope you will find the right exercise bike soon with your careful eyes and mind.