Do you want to stun your friends with your fit and slim body at the next hangout? Apart from that do you want to keep your weight-loss and fitness formula a secret? Then, what you need is your personal, private machine to keep your fit. Since you are already here, you are looking for the best treadmill for the home, aren’t you? Yes, we know how going to the gym is an extra burden for your workouts.
Moreover, those missed workouts due to bad weather or whatever else can weigh really heavy on the weighing machine. So, you have made the right decision by deciding to buy your own treadmill.
However, treadmills can really heat up your brain with all its varieties and prices. You might even regret right after buying one as it might not help your purpose. So, in order to help you choose the best treadmill for the home that too at the best price, we have prepared this treadmill review.
It includes a buying guide alongside a review of the best treadmill for the home. By the end of this article, you will know the features to consider and also the treadmills to check for your home. Let’s get started!
You might even want to get your heart rate data so some treadmills offer wireless heart monitor as well. These give the most accurate information and helps you adjust accordingly.
- Extra features you may consider: Treadmills often offer features like bottle holder, phone holder, etc. Some treadmills also have music speakers, web browsers, etc. You may choose one that helps you.
- Safety: There should be some safety feature on the treadmill to avoid accidents. For example, the Auto-Stop feature has a key attached to you and in case you fall, as the key gets unattached, it turns stops the treadmill with it.
- 0.1 Now choose your best treadmill for the home where you live
- 0.2 Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill.
- 0.3 Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill.
- 0.4 Goplus 800W Folding Electric Treadmill.
- 0.5 Merax JK1603E Folding Electric Treadmill.
- 0.6 Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill.
- 0.7 Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill.
- 0.8 Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill.
- 0.9 EFITMENT Adjustable Incline Magnetic Manual Treadmill.
- 0.10 Fitness Reality TR3000 Manual Treadmill.
- 0.11 Weslo Cardiostride 4.0 Treadmill.
- 1 – Buy your best Treadmill for the home (Buying Guide) –
Now choose your best treadmill for the home where you live
Now, keep reading to know everything about the ten best treadmill for the home reviews in the industry.
- Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill.
- Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill.
- Goplus 800W Folding Electric Treadmill.
- Merax JK1603E Folding Electric Treadmill
- Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill.
- Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill.
- Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill.
- EFITMENT Adjustable Incline Magnetic Manual Treadmill.
- Fitness Reality TR3000 Manual Treadmill.
- Weslo Cardiostride 4.0 Treadmill
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill.
If you want the best of design and performance at an affordable price then this is the treadmill you should look into. Weslo Cadence has a space-saving compact design that not only takes less area in your room but is also foldable for storage. With a dimension of 64.5” L x 29” W x 55.5” H, this masterpiece provides you with features you don’t usually expect at this price.
It comes equipped with an Easy PulseTM Heart Rate monitor that monitors your pulse rate when you put your thumb on it. Moreover, the blue-tinted LCD display is there to keep you motivated and updated with your condition. Also, you get 6 pre-set workout programs with the machine that lets you train in the way you need. The treadmill works with a 2.25 Horsepower motor so it is great for walking.
As for the length of the belt, it is 54 inches which are great for walking for both medium and short people. However, the width is only 18 inches which fit its compact image but may get uncomfortable for users. Apparently, it supports up to 275 lbs. Lastly, it features two manual incline positions and comfort cell cushioning to reduce strain on joints and muscle.
- 6 pre-set workout programs.
- Saves space with its compact structure and foldable design.
- Cell cushioning.
- Easy to assemble.
- The motor is a bit noisy.
- Small area for running.
- Not good for intense workouts.
Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill.
This treadmill offers you the best deal for an entry level workout at a very low cost. However, it does offer a myriad of features that even some expensive treadmills do not. First of all, you can keep it on your home with a minimum footprint because of its compact design and dimension of 65″ L x 28″ W x 12″ H. The belt provides you with a running space of 15.75″ x 48.82 and a highest speed of 9 mph.
Although the space provided is a bit low, the speed is quite adequate for the level of this machine. It can support up to 220 lbs which could be higher but still does its job fine for smaller people. Also, it features 3 manual inclines which are one more than the previous treadmill.
The motor has a power of 2.2 HP that is good enough for walking. Apart from all that, it features 9 different workout programs along with manual mode. It also provides feedback to the user on time, speed, calories, pulse, etc. Moreover, it measures BMI which is a measure of body fat that even expensive machines do not usually offer. Lastly, it amazes you at its price with the large LCD display and the tablet/phone holder.
- Provides a lot of features for its price.
- The task of folding made easy with soft drop system.
- Built-in pulse sensors for the grips.
- Easy speed-control.
- Nine workout programs.
- LCD display provides all info including BMI.
- Start and stop control on handrails.
- Narrow and short belt.
- Small incline.
Goplus 800W Folding Electric Treadmill.
Besides other aspects of consideration, this treadmill will win your heart with its durable and safe features. The first thing the manufacturer assures is its heavy duty construction of steel and PVC. Secondly, this not only features a key that connects to you and stops the machine in case of accidents but also an emergency stop button on the handrails. One other thing that might go out of hand is your heart rate but the multi-function LED display takes care of that too by continuously monitoring and giving you feedback on not only heart rate but also calories, time, etc. It also leaves the minimum footprint with its 56″x24″x45.5″ dimensions and foldable design.
The motor requiring 800 watts of power offers a top speed of 12 mph for the machine. Apart from that, the treadmill can support 220 lbs. Moreover, the running belt of 39.4 and 14 inches is not the most adequate space for runners. Lastly, the treadmill features a mobile/Ipad holder.
- Easy to assemble and store with its compact and foldable design.
- The highest speed of 12 mph.
- Double safety.
- Features a phone holder.
- Multi-function LED display.
- Running surface not broad enough.
- Speed data not displayed.
Merax JK1603E Folding Electric Treadmill.
If you are looking to hide your treadmill from your guests then this is the one for you. This affordable, foldable treadmill has a dimension of only 58” L x 25 W” x 45” H. In case that’s not enough, it does fold to less than half its length for storage. Believe you can hide it now? Apart from that, it is run by a 1.5 HP motor which allows a maximum speed of 6.2 mph. moreover, it offers you with 3 incline positions which are- 1.38, 2.66 and 4.16 degrees.
The built-in LCD display monitors your speed, time, pulse, calories, and distance. It also has 3 built-in programs that guide and motivate your cardio workout. On top of it all, it assures your safety with an emergency stop key.
- Transport wheels included that provide easier storage experience.
- Quiet motor.
- Safety guaranteed.
- Heart rate monitor through grip sensors.
- Three incline positions.
- Cushioned deck.
- Features two cup holders.
- The highest speed of only 6.2 mph.
- Running area of 16” width and 44” length which is quite inadequate.
Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill.
If you want to go easy on your joints and still have a great workout then the Confidence Power Plus Treadmill should delight you. It is carefully cushioned to provide a low impact on your joints which makes it great for elderlies. Moreover, it is easy to keep with its compact design of 52 x 26 x 11-inch dimensions, wheels and foldable feature. It uses a 600 W motor which allows a speed limit of 10mph which is great.
The running space is 38.5″ x 14″. It can support up to 250 lbs. which a more than the previous treadmills could hold. The basic LCD display monitors your speed, calories, time and distance. Apart from all that, if you want to jog while working, you can easily add a desk to it. However, you have to buy the desk separately.
- Easy to assemble.
- Easy to store with foldable feature and wheels.
- Basic LCD display for monitoring.
- Provides enough speed for its price.
- Provides great low-impact workout.
- Turns off automatically after 30 minutes.
- Tall individuals might find the handles placed too low.
Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill.
This machine is great for cardio and weight-loss workouts for the price it comes for. Moreover, it helps you accomplish these tasks taking up minimum space. Apparently, with a dimension of 10 x 31 x 68 inches, it demands less room. However, with decreased dimension, you also get decreased running space, which is 16” x 50” in this case. This is basically not a problem for everyone but for taller people.
Apart from that, the 2.5 HP motor helps it have a high speed of 10 mph which is decent. It is capable of supporting 250 lbs. Moreover, it features a large LCD display which monitors and displays the necessaries from time to pulse rate. It also has two incline positions adjusted manually. On top of it all, it features two bottle holders.
- Quite sturdy for its price and level.
- Great for walking and jogging.
- Space-saving design.
- Adequate speed limit.
- Six pre-set workouts for guidance and motivation.
- Easy to assemble and maintain.
- Smooth and quiet.
- Running space not large enough.
- Ineffective pulse sensor placement.
Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill.
If you are looking for faster results in workouts, this manual treadmill of Stamina Products is quite a treat for the price. As its manual, you will be pulling your own weight so the workout will be more efficient but more demanding. However, you do not have to worry about it being too primitive because you are getting an electronic monitor with it nonetheless. The monitor will keep you updated about your progress in terms of speed, distance, calories, and time.
Moreover, you get two incline positions of eight and ten degrees to access. It does not just have a smaller footprint of 47 X 22 X 45 inches but is also foldable and has built-in wheels for transportation. Moreover, it helps you stay on your feet with its textured, non-slip walking surface and foam padded rails. The running dimension is apparently 41X 12.4 inches and supports weight up to 225 pounds. If noise is an issue, have no worries because it dual weighted flywheels make none.
- Easy to set up and store.
- Can be used anywhere as it requires no electricity.
- Quiet operation.
- Two incline positions available.
- Maintenance required.
- Needs frequent adjustments.
EFITMENT Adjustable Incline Magnetic Manual Treadmill.
If you want to go harder on yourself with increased resistance, you can go for this manual treadmill of Efitment. As you already know manual treadmills do not require electricity so you have the liberty to use it almost anywhere. Moreover, what makes this treadmill special is the eight-level magnetic resistance feature it offers to help you choose the resistance you want to face. Moreover, it has three incline positions you can adjust it to- 7, 8, or 9 degrees.
Also, it features a simple, large LCD display that updates you on your progress and condition every 4 seconds. It provides you with an ample running surface of 42 by 13.5 inches. Apart from that, your heart rate will be measured by efficient hand pulse sensors. Moreover, it has the capacity to hold 220 pounds max while being very compact itself. It is not only foldable but also features wheels for easy transportation. Do you have anything left to worry about?
- Can be used anywhere.
- Foldable with wheels for easy storage.
- Manual incline system.
- Pulse sensor on hand grips measures heart rate.
- Eight-level magnetic resistance for efficient workouts.
- Does not offer a lot of features.
Fitness Reality TR3000 Manual Treadmill.
If you want a manual treadmill to prove its name then this is the treadmill that will. In case you are worried that a treadmill will not be able to deal with your weight, do not worry because this treadmill amazes everyone with its capacity to handle up to 325 lbs.
Moreover, it provides you with a space of 45” X 16” for running. Apart from that, you can even adjust your magnetic resistance level from 1-8. Moreover, it has 3 incline levels of 8, 10 or 13 degrees to help you cut off that extra weight as fast as possible.
It also features a large display monitor that monitors all the basic data. Moreover, there are grip heart rate monitors to not just monitor your heart rate but also to make the process easier. The twin 6’ diameter flywheels keep it quiet. On top of it all, it is foldable with built-in wheels for easy storage.
- Easy to store and assemble.
- 8-level magnetic resistance.
- 3 positions of incline.
- Large display that provides info.
- Easy grip heart rate monitors.
- Long handles.
- Never flat.
Weslo Cardiostride 4.0 Treadmill.
This is the third time Weslo has made it to our list so you should have no doubt left about the quality of product it provides. The construction is of steel make it sturdy and durable. It does not only leave a minimum footprint with a dimension of 48.2 x 23.2 x 7 inches but also is foldable with in-built wheels. This one is a manual machine, therefore, providing you with tougher and more efficient workouts.
The machine speed totally depends on your own pace. It also comes with an LCD display to monitor goals alongside the basics. Moreover, it features two incline positions, one of which can go up to 19 degrees which is quite steep. Furthermore, it does not stop there, it comes with a holder for your phone and allows you to have fun or work while working out. The tread belt is 16 X 41 inches with a capacity of 250 lbs.
- Compact design.
- Foldable with wheels.
- Manually adjusted speed and difficulty.
- Can be used anywhere.
- Higher capacity than others.
- Ample running space.
- The slope is too steep.
- Not easy to assemble.
- Running belt is not stable enough.
You may have started this article with almost no knowledge about treadmills but we, with all our optimism expect that now you know almost everything a buyer should know. Best treadmill for the home is not for occasional use. Therefore, they must have the ability to perform daily and also provide everything you require flawlessly.
In order to make sure you do not cry at night regretting your purchase, keep all the mentioned things in mind and also what you are looking for among these. Our reviews on the best treadmill for the home should help you get an idea of the various types of treadmills existing in the market. So, make your decision soon and be careful while buying one.
– Buy your best Treadmill for the home (Buying Guide) –
This buying guide should help you be aware of all the things that you should consider while buying a treadmill.
- The price you are willing to pay: The market for the treadmill is quite competitive so you will have rare instances where you get less than what you pay for. However, you need to be sure that what you get what you pay for is really what you needed or wanted.
Treadmills under $1000 are generally entry-level and a bit less durable than others. They are great for a few uses per week at home. But, for better, durable, robust treadmills, you have to pay more. Generally, treadmills above $1000 are more durable and have more features as you will expect.
But, you have to be sure that the feature you are paying extra for is something you will actually use. Or else, it will be a complete waste of money and you will regret it in the long run.
- The stress you want to put on the treadmill: You probably already know how often and for what purpose you will use your treadmill for. Is it for easy walks? Jogging? Running? Whatever it is, choose the best treadmill for the home that can handle the strain. You cannot buy a treadmill that is good for a few walks a week for rigorous runs regularly.
- The place for the treadmill to stay: You definitely do not want an oversized treadmill making your house look smaller. To narrow down your choices, measure the place you to keep the treadmill on. Later, you can check out treadmills that fit that space. Moreover, are you looking for a treadmill that can be stored elsewhere after workouts? Then, you should measure the storage space as well. However, for this purpose, you need a treadmill that can be transported easily or takes less space for storage. To help you with that, you will find numerous foldable the treadmills for the home from every category.
- The Track Space that fits you and your purpose: Well, you will be running or walking on your track belt and it would be a shame if it cannot accommodate you properly. Therefore, you have to choose a track belt of the right length and width for you. The length usually does not matter for smaller people. However, 50 inches long treadmills are minimum requirements for walkers, 55 inches for runners and 60-63 inches for tall runners. As for width, a treadmill should at least be 20 inches for walkers and 22 inches for runners. However, the 20-inch width is suitable for runners as well.
Treadmills usually have the capacity to support 250-400 pounds. Just make sure whatever the capacity of the treadmill, it is more by 50 pounds than your weight.
- The motor to match your strength: Motor is what powers the treadmill. So, you can guess how important it is. Without it, there would be no treadmill but just something still to stand on. Basically, higher motor power supports harder workouts. If you are a walker, you don’t need much motor power, if you are a runner, you will need more power than the previous. Moreover, the motor power requirement varies with your weight as well.
Moto power is measured in horsepower or cumulative horsepower (CHP) which is more effective. So, walkers can choose 2 CHP treadmill or more. Joggers should choose to start from 2.5 CHP and runners from 3 CHP. However, this was the requirement for people weighing up to 200 pounds. If you weigh higher, you should add an extra 0.5 to the mentioned power for each level.
- Track cushions for reduced impact: You do not want to injure yourself or strain your joints too much while working out. Compared to actual roads, treadmills definitely reduce the impact on your joints and muscles. The track should be cushioned so that you can work out longer with more energy to spare and without strains.
Moreover, some treadmills let you adjust the cushioning to your need. Some even have differential cushioning that gives you more support when you push off the track or land.
- The track speed you want to access: You do not want a treadmill that does not let you run as fast as you want. Therefore, you should check the highest speed beforehand. Best treadmill for the home with speed highest speed of 10 miles per hour is adequate for almost all users. But, if someone wants higher speeds, he can always go for treadmills offering 12 mph high speeds.
- A Tread Belt that lasts: There are three factors you should check to know if your tread belt will last. Firstly, the belt thickness. The thicker the tread belt, the longer they tend to last. Moreover, thick belts are quieter. You can go for two or four-ply thickness for better durability. However, treadmills under $1000 are generally one-ply thick.
Secondly, the diameters of the metal rollers play an important role. The larger the diameter the better as they put less stress on the belts. They should be at least 2.5 inches in diameter.
Thirdly, periodic lubrication. The lesser you have to lubricate, the better.
- Inclines to your liking: You should choose a treadmill that provides you with the perfect incline for a faster workout. Treadmills generally incline from 10-20% and some up to 40%. You should also check how easy it is to adjust the inclines.
- The programs to guide you: Most treadmills come with workout programs. These help to guide you and motivate you in the right path. Moreover, these programs are far more advanced then you can imagine. Many treadmills feature iFit that enables you to use Google Maps and get the perfect street for running. Another one called Passport Virtual Active provides scenic views on your TV besides sounds adjusted to your pace. There are so many advanced programs to help you stay motivated and get your workout done in the best way possible.
If you need more exercise tips you can read our exercise tips.